11. Robin was so talented at improvisational comedy that the writers of Mork and Mindy would purposely leave out large sections of dialogue so Robin could improvise entire scenes by himself.
12. Like many of the celebrities in Hollywood, Robin was exposed to lots of alcohol and drugs. He fell victim to drug addiction, but thankfully became clean after the birth of his oldest son—and the death of his good friend and Saturday Night Live star John Belushi.
13. During Robin’s first marriage, he made the unfortunate choice of cheating on his wife with a cocktail waitress. The waitress ended up suing him for contracting herpes. It was a rough patch in Robin’s life, but fortunately, he managed to move past it—and, naturally, joke about it.
14. After he and his wife filed for divorce, Robin married his son’s nanny, Marsha Garces (below). Marsha was pregnant with Robin’s daughter Zelda at the time; they were married for 19 years before she called it quits.
15. The name Zelda is very unique. After being questioned about the decision to give his daughter such an uncommon name, Robin admitted his son came up with idea by playing the well-known video game, The Legend of Zelda.