The Boxer dog is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dogs developed in Germany. Their coat is smooth and tight-fitting; colors are fawn or brindled, with or without white markings, which may cover the entire body, and white.
They are known to be friendly, playful, intelligent, devoted, energetic, calm, cheerful, confident, fearless, brave, loyal, bright… just to name a few of their temperaments.
Here are some must know fun and interesting facts about Boxers.
1. Boxers were bred from a now extinct dog breed named Bullenbeisser (once existed in Germany) and English Bulldogs.
2. Boxers are highly energetic and needs regular exercise.
A Boxer may need more than 2 hours of exercise daily.
3. Boxers are prone to Heart, Bone and Skin disorders.
They are prone to a specific heart disease called Boxer Cardiomyopathy.
4. Boxers are lovely in nature and always want you to pet them.
Not only with humans they also love to cuddle their partners.
5. Boxers were bred to hunt large animals.
A healthy Boxer may run up to 30 mph.