Owning a German Shepherd isn’t really the same as being an owner of another dog breed. German Shepherds are one of the most distinguishable breeds and are so intelligent and obedient that they can be trained as service dogs.
Which is why they are such a desirable breed. Wouldn’t want a dog that is handsome, smart, and listens to everything you say? But there are certain things that only owners of this breed know. You’d understand if you were German Shepherd owner.
Here’s what we mean:
1) In Addition to Your Children’s College Tuition, You’ll Also Have to Save Up For Dog Training Sessions Which Could Cost Just As Much
They are so smart and can be taught a heck of a lot so you could throw down some serious dough while helping them to reach their full potential.
2) You Have to Be Real Specific When Referring to Your Dog
It’s mandatory to explain to people that you’re talking about a breed of dog rather than a shepherd that lives in Germany.
3) You’ll Have to Grab Your Packages at the End of the Gate and You Can Forget About Girl Scouts Selling Cookies at Your House
Even though you continually tell everyone how friendly your sweet dog is, they still refuse to get anywhere near your front door and try to avoid your lawn at all costs.
4) Alone Time… Ain’t No Such Thing
Your German Shepherd wants to be with you all day every day.
5) Your Home is Well Stocked With Windex
Because your German Shepherd likes to create art with his nose and your glass surfaces.
6) People Automatically Assume Your Dog is Employed
They also ask if he’s a police or some other kind of another service dog because they just look like they’re responsible.
7) You’ll Always Have Someone Whose There For You
Because your German Shepherd will always be your most loyal friend.
8) Sick Days… There Are No Sick Days
Your dog is so full of energy that he has to run, jump, and play every… single… damn… day.
9) Everything You Own Has Teeth Marks
Because they love to chew and chew and chew and chew. Shoes, clothes, pillows, it’s all fair game to a German Shepherd.
10) Having a German Shepherd Means That Even You Get Corralled By Your Dog
Because when they are ready to eat, they gently nudge you toward their food bowl.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.