German Shepherds may look cute and innocent with their big eyes, floppy ears, and wagging tails, but the truth is that they can’t be trusted. Here are ten reasons why German Shepherds are risky animals to be around.
All reasons courtesy of German Shepherd Lovers.
1. They will give you sass when you try to make them do something they don’t want to do, like leave the dog park. Then, you’ll have to argue with your pup, causing people to look at you strangely.
2. They’ll do goofy things that make you laugh until your stomach hurts.
3. When you walk in the door after hours or even just minutes away, they’ll jump on you with unrestrained joy. If you’re not prepared, this happy greeting could knock you over!
4. German Shepherds are nicknamed “German Shedders.” After you bring your dog home, your house will soon become covered with balls of fur. Soon, you’ll have enough to make a new rug and you’ll give up trying to vacuum them.
5. German Shepherds also have the nickname “German Shredders.” If they’re bored or annoyed with you for not giving them attention, they’ll start chewing on whatever’s nearby. So be sure to play with your pup and give them lots of toys that they can chew all day.